About F.E.A.R.S. Advantage™
F.E.A.R.S. Advantage is a DEI (Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion) Consulting Agency with team members around the globe.
We understand that successful DEI initiatives require active and engaged DEI leaders who cannot help their teams thrive without doing the internal work first.
We're on a mission to help 5 million leaders advance equity in their organizations by 2030 as part of our vision of a world where every human being lives safely and thrives.
We believe the distinctions of love, kindness, compassion, diversity, and inclusion shall become the norms inside company cultures across the world.
We train company leaders in the courage and vulnerability needed to manifest this vision.
How We Help Purpose-Driven Leaders Thrive:
When Clients Bring Us In:
Individual Leaders (Champions)
- Dreading work due to burnout, overwhelm, and gut-churning tension between leadership who disagree or stay silent about sensitive issues like race and privilege.
- Overwhelming discomfort participating in, let alone leading DEI efforts, and that's stopping your personal growth.
- You could quit... but the leadership habits that fuel fires and inequities will follow you wherever you go, and you know you need to grow through that.
- Seeking to advance leadership, and you know equitable leadership isn't just the next step for you... It's the right thing to do for the world and those you lead.
- You're ready to start thriving as a leader, and you want the same for your team.
Companies and Organizations
- Leadership teams and committees are frustrated and wasting time arguing about or denying their privilege and DEI while making no progress.
- Losing prospects due to lack of diversity in the company, and you know you need to hire and retain diverse talent the right way.
- Company culture breakdowns are causing serious legal, production, and profit problems.
- You've realized that town halls and diversity trainings make no difference, and you need to do something different to create a more equitable and inclusive company or risk more people quitting.
- You're committed to all team members' thriving, and you're ready to invest in your leaders, and the removal of hard-to-spot inequities that hold them back.
Who We Are
We are a DEI (Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion) Consulting Agency based internationally and incorporated in Miami, Florida. We’re a small and growing, diverse team with members living around the world who specialize in leadership coaching, public speaking, organizational strategy, and change management for purpose-driven organizations who are innovating what it means to bring humanity into the workplace.
It's touchy-feely stuff that makes leaders and the organizations they run feel better to work for and perform way better.
P.S. This isn't a picture of us; it's a stock photo that expresses how fun we are =)
"DEI is uncomfortable... What if we don't get it right, offend people, and make things worse?"
F.E.A.R.S. is the framework we use to help leaders leverage their fears to:
Fuel, Equitable, Actions, Relationships, and Systems.
How leaders respond to their fears determines their ability to thrive and lead equitably.
Our Company Culture
We’ve designed our company culture to be open-hearted, transparent, flexible, and agile to allow us to thrive in the remote/hybrid “workplace”. Since we incorporated during the height of the Covid-19 Pandemic, we’re literally built to thrive in a remote work setting, with no intention of “coming back to the office”.
We acknowledge that DEI is hard work, and we commit to holding courageous spaces for team members and clients who are brave enough to put themselves through it.
We take a refreshingly positive approach to DEI that has clients enjoy the journey as they learn how to be better.
Our Commitment to Team Members
You’re here because you deeply care about this work, and like our clients and everyone on our team, you’re committed to personal growth in service of a greater good for humanity as you define it.
While you’re with F.E.A.R.S. Advantage, we will do our best to support you in your personal and professional growth, including the advancement of your career toward having autonomy and the ability to leave a legacy that honors your time and effort on Earth. That includes:
- Working on ourselves as best as we know how, in service to you being able to work safely and thrive in an unbiased workplace that encourages your professional expression.
- Giving you the information, tools, support, training, and resources you need to do your job effectively.
- Being transparent about the intended trajectory of the company, and giving you the opportunity to contribute to it in meaningful ways.
- Making you aware of advancement opportunities within our company as they become available, and supporting you in taking the necessary steps to advance if you choose to do so.
- Providing frequent check-ins to offer support and provide strength-based feedback that sets you up for success in your role.
- Remaining open to receiving your feedback with openness, understanding, and non-judgement.
The Commitment of Team Members to the Company
Our team members do their best to be a living example of the work we do at F.E.A.R.S. Advantage. In that sense, working in our company is more than a typical job, even for contractors.
At the same time, the intensity and passion we bring to our work also gives us the freedom to maintain balance in our lives, the flexibility to work when and where we choose to, and the opportunity to develop our hearts and minds in alignment with our values and the company’s mission.
We operate on a these tenets (which is by no means an exhaustive list):
- This company is a vehicle for our freedom.
- Show up with full presence when you’ve committed to.
- Aim for 100% integrity when honoring promises and time commitments.
- Honor differences; listen for greatness.
- Create extraordinary experiences for people.
- Acknowledge peoples’ contributions.
- Celebrate often.
- Take full responsibility for your role.
- Ask for help when you need it.
- When in doubt, communicate.
- Ask for permission to give feedback.
- Innovate inside that which can be improved.
- Give yourself permission to rest.
- Forgive yourself.
- We all have the capacity to slip up and cause harm.
- We are human.
- We’re all doing the best we know how to do.
- Even this is a work in progress.
Our Commitment to Diversity
F.E.A.R.S. Advantage™ is a place where everyone can work safely and thrive. Identities represented in our current core team include, and are not limited to, in alphabetical order: Black, Female, Jewish, LGBTQIA+, Non-Native English Speaker. We are committed to recruiting a diverse workforce, and to the creation of a fair and inclusive working environment in which individual difference is celebrated and collective diversity is regarded as an asset.
We are a collective of human beings consciously committed to illuminating and transforming our harmful unconscious biases. We’re not perfect, but we strive to walk the walk.
However you identify and whatever background you bring with you, we encourage you to apply for available roles that would make you excited to come into work every day.
We don’t discriminate against anyone based on the identity labels of: race, ethnicity, gender identity or expression, culture, sexual orientation, pregnancy status, native language, age, socioeconomic status, (dis)ability, national origin, citizenship, veteran status, religious commitment, world view, or political perspective.
If you require assistance of any kind while applying for any position or working with us in any capacity, please let us know.
If you feel you may not meet all of the qualifications listed on our job postings, but you’re eager to learn and collaborate with a multicultural team, you have some of the strengths and skills we request, and you are looking for a long-term opportunity with a fast-growing and mission-focused team, we encourage you to apply.
Meet Our Team
All team members are categorized by position and displayed in alphabetical order by last name.
Kemy helps purpose-driven business executives leverage equity as a pathway to prosperity to effectively lead their diverse teams through conflicts involving race, politics, and privilege.
Brian helps purpose-driven organizations build trusting relationships with their teams, customers, and audiences with culturally-aware communication.
Sarah is on a mission to empower individuals to cultivate a sense of love, safety, and belonging within their own bodies so they can live peaceful and fulfilling lives.
DEI Strategists and Leadership Coaches
📍Panama + Chile